Leslie Aaron, PhD
Dr. Leslie Aaron is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who specializes in health psychology and behavioral medicine issues. Dr. Aaron also holds a master’s degree in public health with an emphasis on health promotion and education. She completed her internship and postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center in Rehabilitation Medicine. She has worked closely with the Arthritis Foundation to research the causes and consequences of chronic pain conditions and has published numerous articles on this topic.
In addition to assessing and treating patients experiencing problems with depression, anxiety, and anger management, Dr. Aaron has extensive clinical experience working with patients who have a variety of acute and chronic health conditions, sleep-disorders, and degenerative neurological conditions. She has particular skills in the treatment of complex psychological/medical issues, particularly those involving chronic pain or fatigue (e.g., arthritis, fibromyalgia, back pain, headache, temporomandibular disorders, stroke, post-surgery, work related injuries, motor vehicle accident pain, spinal cord injury, burns, and traumatic brain injuries).
Dr. Aaron enjoys encouraging every person to discover their unique strengths and coping skills, and to build on these in the process of therapy.
Areas of Specialization
Dr. Aaron works with individuals (adults and older adolescents) in the following areas:
- Assessment and treatment of depression, anxiety, and adjustment disorders
- Adjustment issues to chronic medical conditions
- Coping with chronic pain and fatigue syndromes (e.g., arthritis, fibromyalgia, back and headache pain, TMJ, chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome)
- Anger management
- Life role transitions
- Geriatric psychology
- Women’s issues
- Assessment and adjunctive treatment services for sleep problems and disorders (e.g., insomnia, compliance with sleep apnea treatments)
- Changing unhealthy lifestyle habits (e.g., smoking cessation)
- Individually-tailored stress management and wellness programs
Dr. Aaron was born and raised outside of Washington, D.C. She lived in San Diego, CA and Birmingham, AL before moving to the Pacific Northwest in 1997. She currently resides in Bellingham with her husband and three children. She enjoys hiking, reading, art, and music.